2.5 Hour Duration
From pick-up to drop-off
Bears, Eagles, & More
Fortress of the Bear & Alaska Raptor Center
For up to 7 guests
See what you want to see of Sitka
Looking for a truly customizable & in-depth Sitka experience? Look no further than the Private Premium Sitka Scenic Tour! This 2.5-hour tour takes you and up to 6 of your friends around Sitka to stops like the Fortress of the Bear, Alaska Raptor Center, and Sitka National Historical Park. After meeting your guide right on the docks of downtown Sitka, you’ll hop in a 7 person Nissan Armada to explore Sitka’s best attractions. Meet coastal brown bears & learn all about their habits at the Fortress of the Bear. See Bald Eagles, owls, hawks, and ravens at the Alaska Raptor Center. And at the Sitka National Historic Park, you’ll have the opportunity to view stunning totem poles & learn about the spawning salmon that have long been integral to life in Alaska! Interested in other options? Read more to see how you can customize your experience.
Fortress of the Bear or any of the other stops not piquing your interest? No worries! If you would like to swap any of the 3 tour portions listed above, we also offer the following alternatives. Please just make a note in your booking or contact one of our reservations agents to alter your Private Premium Sitka Scenic Tour! This Sitka shore excursion is completely customizable:
- St. Michael’s Cathedral (Russian Church): The earliest Orthodox cathedral in the New World, from when Alaska was still owned by Russia.
- Sitka Sound Science Center (Fish Hatchery): This non-profit is dedicated to increasing understanding and awareness of the land and sea ecosystems throughout Alaska.
- Two Amazing Museums: Learn about the native & natural history of Sitka.
- Downtown shopping: Explore this quaint town with your guide there to show you all the best shops.
- Sitka Harbor and fishing fleet: Beyond being a cruise destination, Sitka also relies on its bustling fishing industry. Check out where the action happens.
- Custom photo stops: Budding or experienced photographer? Take advantage of your guides local knowledge to find all the best angles in Sitka.
- Local food stops (food not included): Your Private Premium Sitka Scenic Tour guide will help you find the best food options in the area.
- Make your own: Have you researched Sitka and there is something you want to see that isn’t on this list? Let us know and we’d be happy to help you see it!
Note: If you do not contact us with any customizations to your trip at least 24 hours in advance of your departure, you will be taken to the Fortress of the Bear, Alaska Raptor Center, and Sitka National Historical Park.